PotBot Showdown Calculator
The Showdown Calculator is a tool included in PotBot Poker Suite to determine the chances for a win, loss or tie in Texas Hold 'Em Poker for 2 - 10 players. This is achieved by simulating a high number of hands to get results that are close to the real result (Monte Carlo simulation) or a complete calculation of the real (exact) results by enumerating all possible combinations. The problem is that enumeration is very time-consuming if there is a high number of possible combinations. In such cases a simulation is used to approximate the results. There are two different types of hand evaluations in "PotBot Showdown Calculator" you can choose, which will affect both simulation and enumeration:
- Standard: The "Standard" method is slower but needs less main memory and is immediately serviceable. It is based on Cactus Kev's algorithm.
- 2+2: The "2+2" method is faster, but before the first use, the file "handRanks.dat" (ca. 127 MB) has to be created and loaded into main memory. This method was developed by a famous thread in the 2+2 poker forums.
- Blazingly fast hand evaluation using all your CPU cores
- Supports enumeration and simulation
- Load and save your showdowns
- Drag n drop cards
- Specify up to 10 "Dead Cards"